Saturday, June 21, 2008

T-Minus "Isn't-the-baby-here-yet?"

Ok, baby Rimbo.

Any day now.

We know you're in there.

This morning I leaned over to my wife's belly and said, "Are you sure you don't want to come out today? All the other kids are doing it." And they are. Pregnancy seems to be pretty popular now-a-days, and here's a short list of all the couples we know who have had a baby this spring/summer:

Josh and Gail
Chad and Jenny
Beth and Jeromy
Alex and Jessica
Tim and Laura
The Osmundsons
Jay and Tia

And it seems like there's a bunch more. Our baby, however, does not give into peer pressure. Yes, I realize that our official due date is still two weeks away.

But we're ready -- those last few big-ticket items, namely a dresser and a pack-n-play, have arrived at our house and are waiting to meet the baby. I think the baby might have dropped, too. It's getting pretty hard for Angie to walk around, but easier to breathe.

This past week I was on pins and needles because I was hired by Trinity to help lead a mission trip to downtown Minneapolis. It was a great trip, particularly the work site where we were, but I left my phone on all the time, and kept expecting a phone call in the middle of the night requiring a hasty exit. It didn't come.

Angie and I have also consoled ourselves by buying anniversary presents (today's the big number 5) that were way out of our price range. I got her a diamond ring that's a band so she doesn't have to worry about scratching the peanut once the holding ensues. It fits her now, but we'll have to re-size it once her hands de-swell. She may get mad about me sharing this information with you.

Angie got us a copy of Rock Band as well, so she and I have started a group called Unicorn Vicar, and we're conquering the world with her on guitar, and me on drums as a Swedish eccentric beanpole named Brian. She likes it when I talk in my vaguely European accent. I'm hoping to get her on drums soon so I can show you pictures of a very pregnant rock star.

Hopefully the next time you hear from us we'll have a baby for which to take the pictures of.

1 comment:

the dragonfly said...

Those last few weeks the waiting seems to be insanity-making...but it's all worth it. :)